Wednesday, October 2, 2013

They WILL have their questions answered

Last week was a really off week for us and so was yesterday. I am not sure why but the people here are very hard to work with - they are so very kind and yet do not seem to open their hearts to our message. The people of Genova are known for how closed off they are. Whenever we would say hello to them they would just grunt or something to that effect, Here everyone openly waves back and smiles, saying "Buongiorno!" back to us. When we try to share the message of the restored Gospel, they are closed and politely (or not) reject it. They are extremely religious though, something that is beautiful because it is not seen in all the world. It reminds me a lot of that song from Fiddler on the Roof "Traditions". Many of our lessons go in circles, in an almost bible bashing manner. Honestly it leaves me a little exhausted by the end of night. Why? I know that our message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is not only a wonderful message of faith, hope, and love in Christ but it is also what brings SALVATION. My heart just breaks every time we are rejected. This is not because I wish they would listen to me or that I want to be the victor to say "I told you so!" but because I KNOW this is what will bring them true happiness now and joy for the eternities to come.

After a very rough weekend of round about lessons that ended nowhere except our own exhaustion, we went to go visit N and E - the African family from last week. Oh it was such a beautiful miracle. They bring so much light to our days and hope to the work that we are doing.We had asked if E was reading the Book of Mormon and he explained that he wasn't because his mother had taken it from him to read it. YES!!! So we offered to bring more over and dropped them off yesterday. When we asked E (his mother)  what she thought of the book, she said "I like it but I want my own copy!" We laughed and handed her a copy of the Book of Mormon. They have promised to come to General Conference and even come to English class to help out. :)

We have been trying to teach a man called E from Albania. His lessons have always been just a little on the strange side and we have felt they haven't really progressed in any sort of manner. This last lesson that we had, at his door step in fact, was full of the spirit and actually touched him. He had explained to us that he felt far from God after the death of his young niece. I was able to share from the personal experience of my grandpa's passing and the comfort of the plan of Salvation. A new light seemed to touch his eyes and he opened up a little more. He has also almost finished reading through 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. We are excited to continue working with him so the Gospel can help heal him.

There is so much more I would love to tell you but I am running out of time. I am just so very grateful that General Conference is coming up soon - we have asked all of our simpatizzanti to come and bring questions of the soul. The best part is that I know if they come, they WILL have their questions answered. In fact, can you do something for me? Can you put on my picture for FACEBOOK (the cover photo) this picture and also upload the video a couple times. I want everyone to know about it. Also I want to challenge you to invite at least one person each to watch general Conference. What do you think? :)

Vi voglio bene!!!!

Sorella Jameson

PS: No new pictures I am sorry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment