Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I have felt the HUNGERING within my soul

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my new companion!!!! Don't worry... I couldn't figure out how to say her name for at least the first 2 days. I will tell you more about her further down. She is so wonderful though. :)

Milano: I SAW SORELLA GOMEZ!!!!! Oh my gosh it was one of the most JOYOUS occasion EVER!!!! Oh how I loved her and was so blessed to be trained by her. I didn't get to see Sorella Lemos but she is OPENING?! AHHHHH I am so excited for her!!! She will do SO great!!!!!!! Who is she with?

L and A: I have mentioned things about them but never mentioned names. They are wonderful and still slowly progressing towards baptism and happiness. I try not to use too many names while writing just because some situations are very tender and personal.

So I am training once again and this time around it is not as scary as the first time. :) I am not sure how it keeps happening but I always get the most AMAZING companions!!!!
Sorella Andromidas is incredible. Her mother is Italian (from Alessandria which is right next to Genova and center of our Stake over there) so she speaks Italian already. There are moments that I think ,"Maybe Presidente just thinks I cannot speak Italian because he keeps putting me with Italian speaking companions" hahahahah. Then I think about it and I realize that I could never properly teach a new missionary how to speak well.... hehe I know I speak and understand Italian but the whole grammatical part of it is still a mystery to me..... :) Communque.... Sorella Andromidas has officially been a missionary for 3 weeks today and is just soooo much fun. She is actually not older, despite her very mature looks. Her birthday was last month, the 16th of September when she turned 19 years old. She is younger than Jarom. Bahahahaah I love it!!! I feel like I am with my younger sister. We already get along so well together and she is just fearless.  When we stop people, she just steps up and starts bearing the truth. I can see a bright and amazing future with her here in Forlì. :)

Another thing that I have learned is that I know Forlì better than I thought but I still get us very lost. (This makes my <3 smile. You have to know Codi to fully understand why.) It is much different than a bus city where you can take a bus and watch for the stop. We have been a little lost and had to pull out the map several times. In the process of getting lost, we have given ourselves more time to get from one point to another which has given us more time to talk to people instead of just rushing from one appointment to the next. It has been so beautiful to share a little bit of hope and sunshine with more people everyday. GOSH I LOVE being a missionary!!!!!

The man P, who I have been explaining, came to church this week! Oh my goodness... it was such a beautiful miracle! He was so worried about coming because he did not have any suit and felt it was important to come to church dressed nicely. After reassuring him that he was fine in his best clothing, he said that he would came. We had a member translate for him in Gospel Principles and then we translated for him throughout sacrament meeting. At the end of the hour, he just kept  thanking us, telling us how happy he was and how perfect the whole experience was for him. It was beautiful and he felt the spirit so much. The members did such a wonderful job greeting him and making him feel welcome.

To make the e-mail a little shorter, I wanted to end here. But I also wanted to share my latest insight of scripture reading. I have just loved studying the Book of Mormon more in depth (and I have decided to start on the rest of New Testament) I finished reading Enos this morning. This is such a beautiful story of the miracles of mighty prayer. I love to look back at the times when i have felt the HUNGERING within my soul - for my guilt to be taken away, for a question to be answered, or for a little more peace and comfort in this world of turmoil.

4 And my soul hungered; and I knelt down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?

 8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.

12 And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith.

15 Wherefore, I knowing that the Lord God was able to preserve our records, I cried unto him continually, for he had said unto me: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it.

I love to look back at the times when I have felt the HUNGERING within my soul - for my guilt to be taken away, for a question to be answered, or for a little more peace and comfort in this world of turmoil. We must pray in faith and with DILIGENCE. I know that he will answer our prayers. ALWAYS. I have felt this  time after time, especially as I have felt myself saying "What more must I do for these people Father?" He has responded. Why? Because He loves me.

Vi voglio bene!!

Sorella Jameson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment