Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Worn hands, fence sitting, and Colorado in Italy!

Okay so here is the news. My sweet Sorella Stewart is going home. I am so sad that she is leaving. It feels as if the mission will no longer go on without her. But I must say that I have a developed a friendship for the rest of my life. She is one of those amazing, faithful people that you know will always be there for you (like Rabea) . I love Sorella Stewart!!! So who is coming to be my new companion? Are you ready? Sorella Bennett. Yep... that is right. The same Sorella Bennett that I served with already in Forlì (so I won't have a new comp but I will have a new experience!) I was shocked! I asked if the information was correct or if it was an April Fool's joke. Nope. It is weird to think that I will be with someone who I know and served with already. That being said, we have both grown and are in different situations now. It is going to be AMAZING. :)

Saying goodbye to the Rossi family before leaving Forli
Now there are some other, sad things that I wanted to share. As I am sure you have seen or heard from the Jefferies (who are now home), Fratello Rossi passed away last week. Sorella Jefferies called me on Thursday morning to tell me that he had passed and my heart broke. It was a shock. I just wanted to write a little dedica to him. Fratello Rossi was one of the most amazing people that I have ever met. He was a great missionary at heart, always willing and ready to help people come unto the Christ. There was always a smile or a kind word that he shared with others. Fratello Rossi was also one of the hardest workers that I have ever met - his hands were wonderful examples of this. Well worn and continually working. I will miss Fratello Rossi but I know that he is doing an amazing work on the other side. :)

The work in Pisa is picking up and we are seeing so many miracles! Sorella Stewart and I have worked so hard to make changes and bring HOPE. This past domenica, we had a break the fast to end our 40 day fast, focused on missionary work in the Pisa Branch. It was BEAUTIFUL! We had more people there that I have ever seen (90!) and had a beautiful fast and testimony meeting. One of our simpatizzante came for the first time and even stood up to share her testimony of Jesus Christ. It was amazing! The branch was the most united that I have seen that day. :)

The simpatizzante who came to church is absolutely AMAZING!!! Her name is S - she is also from Nigeria and I love her so much! (She also thinks that I have a really cool voice... yes!) While she was at church, Fratello Ostrander (an American member) asked what she thought of church - if it was true or not. This got her thinking because she realized that she cannot be a fence sitter and not decide. So she went home that night and REALLY prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true and if the church was true. When we met up with her Tuesday morning, she started to tell us that she had a dream. At first she didn't want to tell because she thought we would think that she was crazy. In her dream, she say a man kneeling over brass plates. He was wearing red and black armor. Who was this? Moroni. She pointed to the picture in the front of the Book of Mormon and said it was similar to that. In the dream, Moroni told her not to mess with the Book because it was important. When she woke up, she told her friend, M (our other simp) that the Book of Mormon was true. S explained that she had not truly prayed to know if these things were true and had regarded the Book of Mormon as something below the bible or not important. But when she TRULY prayed, God answered her prayer. She had prayed with "real intent" (Moroni 10:4). Her baptismal date is for the 10th of May. :)

I LOVE Sorella Stewart!!
Really fast and funny story! I met a woman from Tamra's (my mama's sister) ward the other day! We were heading towards a member's home for lunch on Monday, a day of the transfer that we normally don't leave due to deep cleaning. But we left and met this woman! We heard "Sister!! Sister!" so I stopped and Sorella Stewart almost crashed into me. I turned to find a happy woman walking towards me, so I called back "Ciao?!" a little confused. When we met up, I was trying to take off my helmet but it got caught on my earring. In the process of doing this, she asked if I was Tamra's niece. When I said yes, she screamed and hugged me. With my helmet still in one hand, I dropped my bike to hug her with the other. Oh it was hilarious and wonderful. :)

I love you so much!!! Thank you for your prayers and support!

Sorella Jameson


No comments:

Post a Comment