Wednesday, April 23, 2014

He was still within reach

EASTER!!!! And happy birthday to my sweet niece Iris and my daddy!!! :) I told everyone it was their birthdays. Also, Otto got baptized last year on the 20th. YAY!! :)

This Easter was amazing but also very tender. We had a stressful weekend due to one of our simps who found them self in a tough situation. I felt as it the weight of the world was on my back. So what did I do? Cried and prayed. I told Sorella Bennett that when this happens, I normally talk to my mom, cry, and sleep. But I couldn't do 2 of the 3. But praying to God is just a good (if not a little better - no hard feelings?) Our sacrament meeting was so incredible and full of the Spirit. I had the opportunity to talk about the Savior. During the weekend, I really felt the power of the Atonement working this weekend on me, my companion, and our loved simpatizzante. While preparing this talk, I felt my love for the Savior welling up inside of me. As I gave the talk, tears poured out of my eyes. Jesus Christ is amazing. I love him so much. It was amazing to ponder of His life, His example, His sacrifice, and His resurrection during this time as a servant of the Lord. Last year I was still jet lagged and had a migraine so I can't remember much). I know that whatever we go through, we can be strengthened and helped by the Lord if just come unto Him. I shared the scripture found in John 20

15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

 16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

While I was in Jerusalem, I found myself facing the same thing. Searching for Jesus Christ, not realizing that He was still within reach. Then , when I found this, I knew that I had to SHARE it with others. There are so many people SEARCHING,  not knowing where to find Him. He is here. He is waiting.

This week has been another one of those crazy weeks when you look back and think to yourself "what happened?" We had many miracles however, especially on Monday evening as we were with a member. We had an appointment set up but then received a call saying that our simpatizzante (Q) was not in town. So we looked at our watches, saw that we had an hour until our next appointment and asked if the member would like to do some finding with us. She has been thinking about going on a mission but is still very shy about doing the "dirty work" of the mission life. Cioè, finding. But we starting to do some strada and found someone. After teaching them (a full 2 prayer lesson) and setting up a return appointment, the member expressed how easy it was to talk to others and share the love of God with them. :) Member missionary work - works!

Just to close, I love my companion and I love serving here in Pisa. There are so many miracles. I only have 3 and a half months left to serve the Lord and I want to give my ALL.

Sorella Jameson

Picture of Florence. We went to see Davide but the line was too long... sad. No matter! We ate Lindt gelato. Man was is goooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment