Wednesday, March 5, 2014

All because we are His children

First of all... I LOVE THE LORD!!!!! 

We had a training on Thursday last week in Bolognia and I got to see all of my favorite little missionaries. It was sooooo wonderful to see how much some of them have grown up in the field and how much their testimony just shown through their eyes. I also met the leaders over the area of Forlì and they told me about the baptism. OH HOW JOYFUL!!!! It made my heart sooooo happy to know that Joshua was baptized!! He is the son of Rosemary (the woman I told you about in my letter) Of my goodness... I love that family soooo very much!! As we returned from our training, I saw that the bike I have been using was missing the seat. Yes... someone SAWED that puppy off. I laughed a lot at first before I realized that I would not be able to ride on it anymore. So we walked home and took it in the next morning. I am also happy to say that I had to take my other bike in yesterday to replace the brakes. Again. :) I have become great friends with a man who works at the shop named Massimo. He told me that he could help me train to be one of those awesome bikers. Maybe I will do it.... :) But really, I love riding bikes, even in a skirt. I also got really good at riding the anziano's bike and boy did my legs get super strong. Tender mercies. (I wanted to attach a picture but the camera is dead)

This is actually a miracle that happened last week with a less active. His name is P T and he is absolutely fantastic! When I first arrived here in Pisa, I was making all the rounds of calls to the members so I could get to know them and try setting up meetings with them. I tried calling a sorella but accidentally called Fratello T instead. We became friends! Every week, I would call him just to see how he was doing and to share a little spiritual thought. Finally we managed to have a dinner set up with the RS President one evening. Afterwards, he promised he would come to church that domenica and he did. When he walked through the doors, my heart leaped with joy. His presence brought so much happiness into the building that day. :)

These last few days have been sooooo fun as we have worked in 3 together. We finally got used to working together right when Sorella Boscia left to Siena again. I want to call her everyday just to talk. :) As March rolls in, so does the rain. Saturday was a little bit like Noah's flood. We got PELTED with rain and by the time we made it to our next appointment, we were all drenched. The sorella gave us clothes to borrow and a blow dryer.  It is amazing feeling the love of our members here. :) 




Final thought. We watched the Prince of Egypt for a family home evening here in the church last Wednesday. It was AMAZING to watch through the eyes of a missionary. All of the sudden the words that we often speak to others came alive. God loves us so He calls prophets. He gives these normal, often weak men, the power of God, or the Priesthood so that they can preform His works. All because we are His children and he wants to bless us. :) 


VI VOLGIO BENE!!!

Sorella Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment