Wednesday, February 26, 2014

We are now 3

These past few days have got to be some of the most stressful but wonderful that I have experienced in my mission. I have mastered, or so I thought, tranquility and peace as I have served as a missionary. After my almost "I am finished!" time in Genova, I have been able to find the peace that God wants us to have in this life. How? I have placed my life, my trust, and my will into His hands. That being said... I was faced with questioning all of that these past few days. We currently have a third missionary with us, Sorella Boscia, because her sweet companion had to return home due to health issues. (We hope that they will be solved so that she can return soon!) It has been CRAZY to balance 3 once again in a city built for two.

BUT we have also had so many miracles and we have grown a LOT together! Oh and Sorella Boscia said that she has never seen an American cook as well as I do. :) YES!!!! She said that I am Itliana, not Americana.

We had a beautiful miracle working with the members once again here in Pisa. Saturday night we had an appointment to visit a family in our branch with meno attivi children. When we arrived, the sorella informed us that her friend would be staying for dinner with us. We shared a spiritual message before we ate, and the friend, S, was extremely open to the message that we presented. At the end of the message, Sorella Stewart asked if S would be interested in learning some more about the church. When she answered positively, the member explained a little more about our church and volunteered to take us to the home of Sonia for the next visit. The entire evening was beautiful and full of the spirit as we shared the beliefs we had. :)

To finish, I just wanted to share my thoughts about VIRTUE. I have been thinking a LOT about my our thoughts are affected by the things in everyday life. It is crazy how often things will enter into my thoughts - movie scenes, songs, books, etc. They can seem harmless when we see them or even remember them. Then I think about how our minds can be better occupied by the things of God. In Alma 37:35-37, he talks about how we should put the Lord in our lives.

 35 O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea,learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.

 36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea,let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

 37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the corning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

It makes sense. If we want to be BORN AGAIN. If we want to become disciples of Christ, we need to be thinking more about him. Being virtuous is much more than having clean thoughts. It is also that chance to commit ourselves to God in our THOUGHTS and DEEDS.

It feels like April here in Toscana managia!

VI VOGLIO BENE!!!

Sorella Jameson

PS: Picture right before I got here today... the bike I am using doesn't have fenders. Joy. :)

Sorella Boscia

Some fun pictures of the greatest ginger ever. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment