Wednesday, February 12, 2014

When you are in the service of your fellow being

This has been suuuuuch an exhausting week! We were in Firenze Monday through Friday last week. Then in Milano for Consiglio with Presidente. Yesterday when I was walking, I literally felt like an old woman. Hahahah my shins and thighs ached so much from all the speed walking / running and biking trying to get from one place to another. It has been an ADVENTURE!!! That being said, I finally got to see my sweet MTC companion Sorella Stephens!!!!
AHHHH it was the BEST thing that has happened to me in a while!!!! We ran and hugged each other, teary eyed and laughing. It is amazing to see what has happened in the past year. The Lord has taken us and shaped us into better tools and servants. We rode up and back with the Capi of Montevarchi to Milano - they are fantastic. It is amazing to be in the presence of SO many consecrated and diligent servants of God. You can feel their devotion and love to the Lord.

The biggest miracles that we have seen these last few days came from our acts of simple service. I truly believe that SERVICE is one of the best ways of showing Christ-like love to those whom we love so much. We took some time to serve our part member family this past weekend as they prepared for an activity. N G is a very timid simpatizzante who is not very open in showing any signs of interest in the church. After a few hours of serving them, another member reported that this was the best thing to do for N. He loves us! N commented on how kind and sweet we were to always be there to help. We can see that he is slowly opening up to us. :) The day, domenica, we went to one of our Meno Attivi who has been suffering from depression these last few months. She told us the day before that she had not showered for 3 weeks nor cleaned the kitchen. I called her domenica pomeriggio, asking if she had showered or cleaned. When she informed me that she hadn't, I told her we would be there soon to help. After about an hour and half of cleaning, Sorella C had showered, tidied things up, and had a beautiful light about her. The entire atmosphere changed! When we passed by her yesterday, there was an obvious difference from when we first visited on Saturday. When you are in the service of your fellow being, you are only in the service of your God. :)

Yesterday we had a full and blessed day. Some visiting members from another city gave us a referral of a woman is soooo ready for the gospel. Her name is F. We went to visit her yesterday morning and she was more than willing to hear the things that we had to share. She has been going in giro all her life, looking for the truth and has taken parts of the truth from all. My favorite thing that she said what that she learned about Jesus Christ through Buddhism. We can learn from ALL religions and beliefs. It is through the holy Spirit that we can be enlightened and touched by the truths of God. Mamma mia... we are soooo blessed!!!

A little bit about my sweet companion. Sorella Stewart is probably one of the most amazing people I think I have ever met in my life. Why? She reminds me so much of you. :) (You as in me. Codi's mama.) She is absolutely ADORABLE but has a super sharp and witty side. It is like a time bomb if you will. Hilarious to play with but then there are moments of explosion out of nowhere. Hahahah we have some mornings when Sorella Stewart is out of control funny and others when she is grumpier than all get out. Overall though, she is hilarious and loving. REAL. She is just REAL. It is refreshing, even when I annoy her some days. (I am not sure how to feel complimented or offended.)

Last thought. God really does love us and wants us to be happy. Prayer truly does work. I cannot believe that I went my whole life without praying every second of the day. He wants us to feel His love.

I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! Thank you for all that you do - especially randomly sending my valentines. I AM OBSESSED with them!!!! (Minion valentines, of course! Mama's thought, Daddy's purchase and knowledge of what makes Codi happy!) 

Vi voglio bene!!!


Sorella Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment