Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Little miracles are AMAZING!!

UPDATE!!

Okay... believe it or not but I have been set apart as a missionary for 5 months today. WHAT?! Yep... it is incredible how fast time has gone by but then at the same time, a whole 13 months feels like a really long time. When I think like that, I just try to forget myself and get to work. Oh, and have a TON of fun with Sorella Lemos. :) (I am teaching her how to speak English right? I thought it was necessary to teach her how to speak Canadian because she has a friend from Canada. Pretty cool, eh?)
Last week we had sooooo many little miracles that were AMAZING!! On Friday, we went to visit one of our Meni Attivi (who has an even bigger story behind her that I need to share one day....) and her nonmember husband was there. We have been trying to work with him for EVER and we finally had the chance to do it. Well... the entire family came to church on Sunday! We have been trying to get J back to church and she has been wanting the support of her husband to do it. It was beautiful! 

After that we went down to Savona di fare un Blitz con le Sorelle. I had the chance to work with Sorella Pace (who used to be in Genova 2 last transfer.) We found and taught two people on the park bench and taught a beautiful woman who became a new simpatizzanti. It was an incredible experience because I felt my faith grown in the process of doing finding work. While we taught the simple truth of the gospel, I wanted to cry because I just KNEW it was all so true. Now because nothing is normal for me, our blitz was also crazy. My poor companion fell while she was on the bike with Sorella Hansen and an old man tried taking me home to be his wife. (He literally grabbed my arm and started pulling me)
Sunday night we had a lesson with one of our new investigators, Y. She is from the Dominican Republic and is the cutest person I have ever met. Literally. Unfortunately, she cannot speak or understand Italian so I cannot do very much in the lessons. (I try to piece together the words I know in Spanish but it isn't much) We brought with us a member and another investigator to this lesson which was also a dinner. It was a wonderful experience for our other investigator because Y is progressing a lot with reading the book of Mormon and praying specifically. At the end of the lesson, Sorella Lemos set the baptismal date for the 20th of Luglio. Unfortunately,... we didn't arrive home until almost 10:30 so I had to make a call to Presidente Dibbs, our new mission president. Great first impression right? hahahah. He was so very kind though. :)

Our miracle with M started last week when we ran into a member on the bus. We had planned to give her a call and try to visit her that day to ask for some more help with M (and because we love her so much). While we were talking, she said that she wanted to have our investigator over for Serate Famigliare for this week. WOW!!! We had wanted to ask her that very same thing but she asked US to do it! So last night we had our lesson at the members house - she prepared dinner and shared a powerful message or love. M had to make a call and said that she was having dinner with her sorelle. :) She also explained how she wanted the people she was talking with to come to her baptism on the 26th of Luglio. It was a beautiful experience! Afterwards, we had to hurry home so we would not have to call Presidente again. We prayed together (with M) that we could arrive home in 30 minutes or less because it was almost 9:30. After running / sprinting to get the bus, we arrived home at 9:45. It was a miracle. :)
 
So I wanted to share a little scripture I read the other day and just couldn't help but think of you. :) It is Moroni 8:2-3 - an epistle written by Mormon to his son Moroni

2. My beloved son, Moroni, I rejoice exceedingly that your Lord Jesus Christ hath been mindful of you, and hath called you to his ministry, and to his holy work.

3. I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite agoodness and bgrace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

I just imagine you and daddy doing the very same for me in this time and for Buddy. It brought so much peace and comfort to my heart and soul when I read it. Thank you for your prayers and for your support. Being on the mission is the most amazing experience I have ever had. Now you have 2 children in the mission field. How blessed is our family! :)

((Edited to add: On Wednesday June 26th, Codi's younger brother, Jarom, entered the Provo MTC for his mission to Fukuoka Japan.))

Vi voglio bene!


Sorella Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment