Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Promised protection to His faithful

I LOVE GENOVA!!! Last week I was hit several times with the realization that I could be transferred to a different city at the end of this transfer and I have decided that I could stay here for my entire mission with Sorella Lemos. It is interesting how much I have learned to love the members and my companion. Sopra tutto, the simpatizzanti. I cannot bear the thought of leaving M or J - my heart will break. When you share the gospel with people, you learn to really love them. That is why it is so important to build a family around the gospel of Jesus Christ.

As always, time is going faster and faster and the weeks are getting crazier and crazier! We had a baptism in our ward last week by the Zone Leaders (Anz Hatch and Gibbons). Sorella Lemos and I almost reached our goal of 20 lessons but ended up getting 19 which is an amazing miracle. When we work our hearts out, we really do receive so many more blessings and a sense of satisfaction.

This past Sunday we had no one in church for the first 20 minutes and I was starting to get a little worried, especially for our baptismal date, M. After saying a prayer, I turned around to find that not only M had come but the entire family of J that we have been teaching. We have been working with this family since the first day I started working in the mission field and my heart was about to burst with joy when I saw all of them enter into the sacrament meeting. J, her mother, and 3 children stayed for the entire 3 hours and even thanked the teachers for the things they had taught. It was a satisfying miracle that brought joy and happiness to both us and our simpatizzanti. :)

Yesterday was probably one of the craziest days of my entire mission! We had interviews with Presidente Dibb but I was also scheduled to pick up my Promesso di Sorgiorno (basically my legality to be here) as well as meet M for her baptismal interview. SO we went out at 8 in the morning to try to pick up my promesso but the told me to return at the scheduled time of 15:00. Well... by the time we left interviews, it was almost 15:30 and it was 16:00 when we arrived at the questora. Our train time to go to the church was at 16:30. We were literally in the hands of the Lord ALL day because we were able to pick up my promesso, meet M, go to her interview on time, and return to another scheduled appointment that night. It was a miracle to pick up my Promesso becuase this was a legal intistution that is really strict and I was late but they gave it to me anyway. The only down side is that we literally RAN all day to get these things done. So we "ran and were not weary" until about 19:00... and we were also SUPER sweaty. hahahahaha M even made comment about this.

As I have been reading the Book of Mormon again with this challenge (also because I literally finished reading the entire book last week after starting in Jerusalem) I have found so many beautiful truths. This is because my mind is set to think like a missionary I think but also because I am studying even more carefully than I have ever done before in my life. It is so important to pray before you study the Book  of Mormon affinche you can receive revelation and enlightenment. My favorite scripture in the first chapture of 1st Nephi is the last verse. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

This is one of the messages we can see throughout the entire Book of Mormon and also the Bible. God loves all of us because we are His children but he promises protection and blessing to His faithful servants. When you read the Book of Mormon, try to find these truths. :)

I love you so much!!! Thank you for the amazing e-mails. I really love receiving e-mails (and letters) from you all every week. I miss you but I know this is only for a short time (13 more months) and we will be together again. Warning: I might be un po piu grossa. (I just have to eat gelato in the heat or I am going to die - it is hard to be out all day in the heat but I am grateful for my efy experience and Indiana humidity to prepare me)

Vi voglio bene!!!!

Sorella Jameson


No comments:

Post a Comment