Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I have been a missionary for 6 months!

I don't have a ton of time to respond because I was playing on store.lds.org. To answer your question, yes. Yes we are cooking. It is amazing how gross we can get in just a short time outside. Bahahahaha oh well... everyone is gross too. :)

I absolutely love reading about Jarom and Brenna!!! It makes me sooooo happy to see how much Jarom is growning  - this is why I was so excited for him to go on a mission. All of the sudden all the things that were once important as a youth become silly and obsolete. Then the things that have real, ETERNAL importance come to light. Like the Gospel and God's love for us as He set forth His plan of Happiness. :)

Here is a quick little update for the week...

Are you ready for this...? I hit my 6th month mark YESTERDAY. Woah... I have been a missionary for 6 months already which means I only have a year left. Can you believe that? I can't. At times it feels really long but then by the time we reach the end of the week, we look back and see how fast each day went by. In about 2 weeks I will also be in Italy for 5 months. Sometimes I wonder what America used to look like... Italy just feels so normal to me now.

This week has been a little crazy with our members and with our simpatizzanti but we have still been able to see so many tender mercies of the Lord. Yesterday I felt a personal miracle come when Sorella Lemos and I set a baptismal date with our simpatizzanti J. We have been working with her since my first day here in Genova, or rather my first day as a missionary in the field. She has a beautiful family and has been making slow but steady progress towards baptism and yet it has been all in a continuous cycle without true progression. After praying fervently, I felt impressed to set a date with her and her family for late September. As we were trying to set this date, there was a lot of doubt, distractions, and fear but I felt strength to help me keep pushing for a goal in mind for them. In the end we were able to set this date and now we can start working towards baptism. :)

I love you sooooo much!!! Thank you so much for all that you do for me, in the past and now. Continue with faith and PRAY with all your heart, might, mind, and strength.

Vi voglio bene!!!

Sorella Jameson

PS: No new pictures for today... mi dispiace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment