Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Obedience is key to blessings

This letter is also going to be a little short because I have a TON of emails to write others. We have amazing simpatizzanti and amazing members. We have seen so many little miracles throughout the week but we have also had the opportunity to see the fruit of our labors. On Domenica morning, we had planned to meet with one our meni attivi to help bring her and her family to church. As we were gathering all the little ones, I had a prayer in my heart that some of our simpatizzanti and meno attivi could come because I did not have time to send them all reminder text messages. While we were sitting in church, waiting for somebody to show up, the doors opened and in came 2 simpatizzanti with baptismal dates, 2 other simpatizzanti, 3 meno attivi, and our new convert. It filled my heart with soooo much joy to see them walk through the doors and enjoy the spirit of the sacrament meeting.

Another one of our simpatizzanti, Ad, brought her 16 year old son to a lesson yesterday. K has been here for only 11 days from Equador. His mother has encouraged him to come to church to get to know the youth here (because there are a TON from Equador) and to learn of Christ! WAY to go!!! She also explains how much peace and tranquility she feels when she meets with us. The Holy Ghost is amazing. :)

Also, we have been receiving a lot of guidance from our president with new rules and regulations. Most of them made a lot of sense but we received one that was a little hard for me to understand completely. Part of me thought, well I can half way follow this rule and still do my work just fine. As I thought about it more and studied obedience, I came to realize that obedience is key to blessings, happiness, protection, and trust from the Lord. It is a little strange for me to live according to the ways and life style that I did not necessarily choose (as in, what I did with my time etc before in college) and to follow without question EVERY rule. As a missionary,  as a representative of Christ, I am expected to follow my mission president. Then I started to think about life outside the mission and just how important it is to live by 100% obedience, even when we don't agree with the rules or think we follow 50 or 75%. Really, we can learn to have so much more happiness and faith in others if we are obedient. We have seen so many blessings as we have followed these new rules established by our mission president.

I love you all sooooo much!! Thank you for your comfort and for your words of love. This is something that is very much needed for all missionaries as we work away from our families.

Vi voglio bene!!!

Sorella Jameson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment