Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The BEST thing that you could do

WOW!!! It is hot and humid. And yet I seem to have more energy than I have had in a LONG time. Last summer just about killed me. Especially since we were in buses. All. Day. Long. It is so nice to be on bikes.

This past week was difficult. Not miracle wise or number wise. Spiritually and emotionally, yes. We were scheduled to have a baptism on Saturday but on Thursday morning, during scambio, we received a text message from J (the simp) that she would not be baptized until her boyfriend arrived in the next month. I was shocked and felt a little lost without the help of my companion. It was a sensitive situation that required a lot of faith, patience, and strength. We were really afraid that Joy would never get baptized because her boyfriend is VERY controlling. When we went over to teach her that morning, she called him and handed me the phone to talk to him. WHAT?! What in the world is a little, white, American girl going to do about it? He was very kind but also extremely dominating.The whole time I prayed to have the courage to say what the Lord needed me to say. I explained that this was J's choice and not his but he replied saying that he TOLD J that she needed to wait, so she was going to wait. Finally I said, "No... this is not her decision. YOU told her what to do. She needs to do what God wants her to do and we both have to respect that decision."  In the end, J did not get baptized but I personally gained a deeper relationship with the Holy Ghost as I gave all to Him. We also believe that this is a better chance that we have to teach J so that her baptism will only solidify her conversion. :)

At the end of the week, we looked back and saw how much the Lord helped up. We climbed our mountain and feel so strong and triumphant. My companion and I are so much closer now too. We love being with each other.

On Sunday, I got to talk with a GANS si chiama Nephi. He is 21 years old and is working right now. During church he was ordained the Melchizedek priesthood. So I asked him what he was going to do with this priesthood.

Nephi - "I know what answer you are trying to get out of me..." he said, giving me the ' you are so sneaky' smile.  I smiled back and waited. "Well I hope to serve God and bless my family. And... if chance permits, serve a mission."

Me - "Ahhh okay. What do you mean 'if chance permits'?" I asked. He then explained that he is currently working, to help support his family and to establish a better future for the family to come. I continued, "I can promise you, as a missionary, that the BEST thing that you could do for your future family, is to serve a mission." I felt the spirit so strongly inside of me as I promised him that. Then I explained the blessing of Aunt K and what she has done for us. :)

Nephi - "Thank you for your advice.I will think about it..." he told me as we left that evening.


The experience left an impression in my heart.

I just wanted to end sharing some verses of 3 Nephi 19. It really impacted me this morning as I read that Jesus prayed for us...

19 And it came to pass that Jesus departed out of the midst of them, and went a little way off from them and bowed himself to the earth, and he said:
 20 Father, I thank thee that thou hast given the Holy Ghost unto these whom I have chosen; and it is because of their belief in me that I have chosen them out of the world.
 21 Father, I pray thee that thou wilt give the Holy Ghost unto all them that shall believe in their words.
 22 Father, thou hast given them the Holy Ghost because they believe in me; and thou seest that they believe in me because thou hearest them, and they pray unto me; and they pray unto me because I am with them.
 23 And now Father, I pray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe on their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one.
 24 And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus prayed unto the Father, he came unto his disciples, and behold, they did still continue, without ceasing, to pray unto him; and they did not multiply many words, for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire.
 25 And it came to pass that Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them, and behold they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness, yea, even there could be nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof.
 26 And Jesus said unto them: Pray on; nevertheless they did not cease to pray.
 27 And he turned from them again, and went a little way off and bowed himself to the earth; and he prayed again unto the Father, saying:
 28 Father, I thank thee that thou hast purified those whom I have chosen, because of their faith, and I pray for them, and also for them who shall believe on their words, that they may be purified in me, through faith on their words, even as they are purified in me.
 29 Father, I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me out of the world, because of their faith, that they may be purified in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one, that I may be glorified in them.
 30 And when Jesus had spoken these words he came again unto his disciples; and behold they did pray steadfastly, without ceasing, unto him; and he did smile upon them again; and behold they were white, even as Jesus.

I love you alll soooooooo much!!! Sorry for the lack of pictures....:)

Sorella Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment