Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A call to lead and happiness that trumps sadness

Yes we did receive transfer calls for this week....  They were the most BEAUTIFUL and most joyful calls I have EVER received on my mission. (Especially in comparison with my first call)  We were busy cleaning on Monday when we received a call from Presidente. I have been called to serve in Pisa as a Sister Training Leader with Sorella Stewart who was in Genova right before me! This is exciting but not as exciting as the next part of the call. NOTE: when we receive transfer calls it is either done on Speaker Phone or with the both of us hugging each other so we can hear and give one another support. When Sorella Andromidas started speaking to Presidente, he explained that she would be staying here in Forli to continue the work with a new sorella. Training? No. Better. Drum roll please. Sorella Andromidas will be serving in Forli with SORELLA LEMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT IS A DREAM COME TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I heard this I literally screamed and fell to the ground sobbing. Presidente stopped talking due to the scream. Sorella Andromidas said quickly "Sorry! That was my trainers first trainee! We are just really excited!" He paused and said "ooooooooookay...? Well..." I am soooooooooooooo happy! Normally transfers fill me with a little bit of pain and fear - pain to leave the people you love and fear that others will not take care of them well enough. I have no fear whatsoever now! Sorella Andromidas ansd Sorella Lemos are going to TAKE OVER ITALY!!!!!!!!!! I will have to write a letter home to you to explain more. As for me... it is hard to say goodbye. My happiness is trumping the sadness in me right now because my prayers were answered. :)

Some fast stories before I finish. We have one of the most golden and prepared people EVER right now. His name is C. He used to investigate the church YEARS ago but was not able to follow through on the commitment of baptism. Now he said he wants to make up the time he missed and start down the right path. Our branch mission leader invited him to church the other day so he came last week, we set up an appointment and met in Forlimpopoli - a little town outside of Forli. We had to meet inside a mini mall with loud music but (with the prayers in our hearts and the work of the Lord) the Spirit was so strong. We all cried at one point or another throughout this lesson. He wants to follow Jesus sooooo badly and preach the gospel just like us! We asked him to be baptized on the 15th of February and he accepted. Unfortunately I will not be there but I told him to send me a picture of him in white. :) There in an attached photo of him. :)

We had the most BEAUTIFUL sacrament meeting of my entire life this Sunday. The day before my poor companion puttered out and got really sick so we headed home early and missed a lesson with J (the boy with a baptismal date) and an African dinner appointment. She slept in till 10 am the next morning. I had been praying with all my might that she would wake up and feel well enough to go to church. She felt 100% healed (probably because she slept 15 hours... magari! I have only slept about 6 hours ever night this week) We arrived at church in just enough time for sacrament meeting, which is last in Forli. It was AMAZING!!!! There were 4 people we teach in church and 3 of them stood up to bear their testimony - the first being C. Oh my goodness... the spirit was amazing. Not only that but two non members gave an opening and closing prayer. All of the members were just filled with happiness and joy afterwards. :)

God is good. ALWAYS. He has blessed and touched my life in so many ways. I am so grateful to see the many miracles He has provided throughout my life and especially for my mission. I LOVE GOD!!!! :)

Vi voglio bene!!

Sorella Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment