Wednesday, September 4, 2013

FORLI, here I come!

Okay this week has been absolutely crazy and I don't even know where to begin telling you things.

First of all: I am obsessed with thinking about Jarom. I pray for him constantly throughout the day and hope all is well. In all honesty, the first week in the mission field is a little brutal, as is the first entire transfer. Don't send him peanut butter. He can find some, somewhere. Maybe not on the little island but he is bound to go to an international market somewhere. (I must admit that peanut butter is a food that I have been severly missing here in italia.Especially American Peanut butter)

Second of all: Transfers. I am no longer going to be in Genova. After almost 6 months here (7 months as a missionary - WHAT THE?!) I will be packing my bags and heading to Forli. Dovè? That has been my reaction when I have told people where I am going. I have a feeling it is going to be very similar to Indiana - no one really knows much about it. It is a little city with BIKES!!!! Oh yeah!!! So you will have 2 children with bruised bums, biking their hearts out. And here is the other part. We will be in 3. I must admit I am a little shocked, nervous, excited, and anxious for all of it. Sorella Lemos, on the other hand, will be here with another sorella from her same group but she will be Senior companion. She is scared out of her mind - unfortunately, she does not have a very high self esteem and cannot see what she is made of. I can see just how STRONG and amazing she actually is so I am excited for her to have this experience. It is a little sad to be separated but I know it is time for us to go our own ways and grow.

Okay as for an update on this week. Woah was it INSANE. I really cannot believe that another transfer came and went. It is not real. This transfer has been a lovely but also challenging transfer here and I am ready for some change. SOOOOO to start off with this week I need to explain what happened just hours after my last email to you. It was Y's birthday so we went out to a Japanese Restaurant to celebrate (funny and ironic since Jarom was probably eating sushi at the same time I was.I have had sushi before and loved eating some more with Y, L, and Sorella Lemos. About 30 minutes after we ate, I started to feel a little sick - light headed and a tad nauseous. We were on our way to visit Sorella Fava  for the afternoon and I literally felt like I was going to pass out. By the time we arrived, I was very sick. Luckily we were in the hands of our nonna and she started to take care of me. Two members came to give Sorella Fava a blessing and they decided to give me one as well because I had no color and slept for an hour and a half. One of the members happened to be a nurse and told me that I had probably received food poisoning from the fish (apparently we don't have an enzyme to break down the fish here in Italy?) They told me I had to go home and sleep because this was SERIOUS but I thought I felt well enough to try to keep going. Plus we had 3 lessons planned for the night, one of which with a golden investigator (Sadly, Codi's email cut off and I have no idea how the story ended. She must be doing better since she will be moving to Forli!)
One last visit to Cinque Terre

No comments:

Post a Comment