Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Staying in Genoa & Mormon 9

I absolutely love hearing from you every week! Really, it is something I look forward to. I can tell you that I feel 100% different than I was when I walked into the MTC, than when I first arrived here, and when I was asked to be a trainer. It is really interesting actually. Who am I? Sono Sorella Jameson, una missionaria per la Chiesa di Gesu Cristo dei Santa degli Ultimi Giorni. Sono un representanta di Gesu Cristo. Il mio scopo e di invitare le personne a venire a Cristo. That is who I am right now. That is who I want to be for the rest of my life. 
This morning, Sorella Lemos and I woke up at 6 to make breakfast for Sorella Pace because it is her birthday! She is a grand 20 years old! We made crepes and Sorella Lemos made Dulce di Leche. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm... I love having a South American companion. :)
Okay as for an update on my life....
Sorella Lemos and I are staying together!!!! I am so grateful and so excited to continue working with her - we just started to figure out how to work better together. Me = stressing out a little less. Her = being a little more effective with time. We make a brilliant team if I do say so myself. Sorella Pace is being transfered to Savano unfortunately (she came in 6 weeks ago) and Sorella Heupel is going to be a Training Traveling Sister with Sorella Eaton. I am so excited for the adventures to come in this next transfer!! The craziest part is that I cannot believe I have already been in Italy for 3 months! WHAT?! At the end of this transfer I will hit my 6 month mark as a missionary (not that I am counting) It is insane. Speaking of, this week has also flown by so fast. I have discovered when I work hard and do all I can with all of my heart, the days go by faster because my mind is elsewhere and not on myself. 
We saw wonderful miracles last week, especially with our members.  We have amazing members in our ward!! Last week, my companion and I had 9 member present lessons (thanks to the hard work of Sorella Lemos) and one of them included 2 members for our baptismal date.  Yesterday, this baptismal date (M) came to our scheduled lesson in the church with a member, Sorella Fava. Sorella Fava came to our member present lesson last week and is incredibly kind. We ended up arriving about 10 minutes late to our lesson in the church only to discover that M and Sorella Fava were both missing. To our surprise, we found out M had a terrible fever and ended up going home. Here is the beautiful part of the story - Sorella Fava accompanied M all the home to make sure that she would be fine. It was amazing to see how much the members love and care for the simpatizzanti we bring to church. :) On Sunday, Sorella Lemos and I felt full of love for our members. I thought to myself "I can stay here in Genova for the rest of my life" as a missionary of course. :) Really, the people here are incredible and we love working with them so much. 
Friday we went to the hospital to visit a member who had knee surgery. On the way there, I smiled to a man on the bus who smiled back at us, and I continued to talk to a woman sitting next to us. At the prossima fermata, the woman left and the man came over to us, asking where he could find our church. What? That is not a normal question that we receive (mostly it is "Are you American? I am not sure how people can tell so fast...) I was a little confused with his question and responded by telling him that we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. After so talking and re-explaining, thanks to the help of my amazing companion, we gave him a pass along card and scheduled to meet him the next day. Saturday we taught him about the Restoration and invited him to church. He came. :) We have another appuntamento with him on Thursday. 
It is amazing how the Lord prepares things for us to be blessed. Not only as missionaries but as children of God. He is all knowing, all powerful, and continues to bless us every day - it is just up to us to receive these blessings. I have been reading Mormon these past few days and have loved learning about the power of God. It surprises me how people believe that God was a God of miracles in the Bible but that he is not capable of doing that today. NO. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He never ceases to do miracles. NEVER. Mormon 9 :) 
Italy is amazing. I love the language, I love the food, and I love the people. Also, I love you!!! Have a wonderful week! 
Vi voglio bene!!!
Sorella Jameson :)
PS: I didn't have a picture to send so I took one just now. This is where we do our internet. :)
PSS: I am slowly but surely reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish now with my companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment