Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 4


JAROM IS GOING ON A MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo sooooo SOOOOOOOO excited and proud of him!!!!!!! Last Friday I was getting a salad from the Wrap bar for lunch when the girl who was serving me said "Jarom Levi Jameson got his mission call." I was a little shocked that she was talking to me and that she said "Jarom" After asking her "What?" in a shocked voice, she said again "Jarom got his mission call last night."
"Jarom?! He got it last night?! Did he open it?!"
"Yeah!" after looking down at her name tag, I discovered it was Emma Simpson.
"Okay.... I don't want you to tell me! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! OH MY GOSH!!!" She laughed and agreed it was best for me to not hear.
I didn't want to eat. When my DL came back with the mail I demanded for a dear elder. He only handed me a package slip - which was from my family. Ironically, I didn't want a package. I only wanted a dear elder to find out where he went. Finally I got it at dinner. My DL waited to hand it to me until after I had eaten for a little bit so I wouldn't stare. So kind and yet so cruel.... I ripped it out of his hands and opened it right there - even though we weren't supposed to. My eyes went immediately to Fukuoka Japan. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! JAPAN!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! My heart was sad for a split second that it wasn't Italy but I was soooo overcome with joy I cried and laughed and told everyone I met. I am soooo proud of you buddy!! Just a few days ago I met some elders going to Japan. I literally screamed. One even covered his ears and backed away from me. They are soooo great! I told them all about Jarom and told them we were going to be friends. I plan on finding them tonight and talking to them. :)

Something that has been really on my mind lately is just how important family is for our life. Heavenly Father gave us families to BLESS us and make us happy. Funny how sometimes we do not appreciate that as much growing up. We think our family is annoying or we wish to have another. Then when we get older, we realize just how much our family means to us.  I couldn't have asked for better parents. One thing that I have come to know is how much the temple blesses families and how family oriented it is. There is a Mormon message on this (aka you should watch it).

Hermana Crystal Myler is also in the MTC with me which is just fun! I rarely see her because our schedules are completely different but she brings me so much joy when I see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment