Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week 3

I am over halfway done with the MTC. 19 days left until I fly to ITALY!!! It is crazy when I think about - after my time here in this strange world of the MTC, I am going to ITALY. Not for a semester, not for a trip, but for a whole 16 months. Isn't that weird?! I am so used to moving and changing my life every few months ( think of the life I lived last year - Jerusalem, EFY, and BYU) but now I will be in one country, doing the same thing for a year and half. The best part is that I will being doing what I love!!! Serving the Lord on a mission. Every now and then, I will look down at the name tag over my heart and just think "WOAH.... I am a MISSIONARY!" I love my name-tag, I love my companion, I love my district, I love Italian, I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!

This week has gone by so fast, it's hard to believe that it is already P-day again. What has happened in the last week? Sorella Stephen's and I are slowly but surely getting a little better at Italian. When I teach a lesson, words just come out of my mouth that I didn't think I knew. Isn't the Spirit amazing? Afterwards, S. Stephens gives me a huge hug and we immediately thank Heavenly Father for His help throughout the lesson. I still LOVE my companion SO much! Seriously, we get along so well together. I couldn't have asked for a better companion! On Tuesday, M. Russell Ballard talked at our devotional!!! CRAZY!!!! We were like 7 rows back too. ( we were supposed to be in the Choir but we were one seat short .... literally have THAT many people who want to sing) :) He didn't say anything that was mind-blowing but he said some important things. Here is what he said - We know a LOT! Have confidence when you talk because you KNOW things!! The work is important and WE are important. The work does not end after our mission either. I had such a strong thought about my future family and how I need to remember to always TEACH the gospel, just how mama and daddy did that for me. Anyway, I need to let an Anziano on the computer. Oh!! My district is INCREDIBLE!!! I love them soooo much! The Anziani call me "Mom" which literally makes my day every time they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment