Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013

I would LOVE letters from Dear Elder!

I still cannot believe that I am a missionary. Almost every morning I have woken up so confused as to where I am and what I am doing. Then I think "dang... I am a missionary!" It is so GREAT!! I love being called Sorella or Sister by EVERYONE! So far the MTC is amazing. I absolutely love it here. 

My companion (mia collega) is incredible!!!! She is soooooo much like my roommate Lauren and has the funnest and most carefree personality. I love her :) 


The Italian has been... difficult but good. I keep trying to pronounce things with a French accent instead of Italian which is funny because Italian is VERY straight forward. Sometimes I sit in class and think "How in the WORLD am I going to do this?!" I'll get it. Last Friday we began teaching in Italian. Yep. Two days after entering the MTC. The most I could say was "Mi chiama Sorella Jameson" so you can imagine how that went.


The thing I wanted to share the most about my experience so far i
s just HOW important missionary work is - along with my purpose. It is on the first page of chapter 1 of PMG. "To invite others to come unto Christ by receiving the Restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." WOW!

I just feel like this will be one of the MOST important things I have EVER done in my entire life!

No comments:

Post a Comment