Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2 months left...

Hey!!!

Woah… it has been forever since I last wrote for the blog. I really would LIKE to write more often buuut it might not happen. The last few weeks have been very busy and I didn’t go out in the city very much but I am still learning every day. We just finished some intense midterms that consumed almost all of our time but I snuck away some days into the old city.

Maybe I'll just have to post little spurts of information now and then on the blog. So today we had a little field trip to explain the country / countries we are currently living in. Let me tell you... I had no idea how confusing the Israeli and Palestinian conflict really is and how much of a real problem it seems to be. When we visited the separation wall today, all I kept thinking about were the LDS members living on the other side. During District Conference this weekend, we learned about some of the families who live on the other side of the wall who can't even come to church with us. One family has lived without a church building for almost 15 years and yet their testimony still burns strongly. (This was a reminder of the Lord's love for his children - both the needy and the privileged, like myself - He loves them ALL) Anyway, the wall is real and is so dominant within the state of where ever I live. There is also TONS of graffiti, all of which is written in English. Why is that do you think?

Well, finals are approaching but I should have MUCH more to tell once school work isn't consuming my life. :)

I love you all!!

Codi Layne

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me the faith of those who are not around by other members, temples, and church buildings, they are great examples!

    ReplyDelete